Friday, October 26, 2007

Something's in the Water!

And I'm not talking about this (blechh!).

It appears we've reached that season in life where it seems like everyone we know is having babies! So I have a few announcements to make of my own ... regarding other people, of course ... just to keep y'all up to date, and because everybody loves baby pictures!!

You've already met Logan Chase (above), Michael's cousin Jamie's baby boy who was born last Spring. There are new pictures of him at the gallery. He is the very lucky first grandbaby on the Matthew side.


My cousin Luke (or Lucas by his wife, Kelly) had the first grandbaby on the Jolly/Barber side this summer. Ethan Michael was born August 4. (On the left with Mom Kelly).


Now, more news. Michael's cousin Sarah, who lives here in Austin, and her husband Michael, are expecting their first baby January 5th. They've chosen the name Alexis Micaela, and the baby shower is next Saturday. (If you are so inclined, might I point out she is registered at Target ;)

My friend, Stacey, is also expecting in early January. They are having a boy, whose name is tbd. ("To be determined", they are not actually naming him TBD, I think they are leaning toward Rocco.) She is registered at Babies 'r' Us. ;O) She lives in Colombia, but will be home to visit after the baby is born.

Finally, last but not least, Michael's sister Shawna and her husband Shane are expecting a baby boy! This came as such a surprise - and a bag of mixed emotions - for us. We are sooooo happy for them, but sooooo sad that we live so far away now. When we got the news, it took some time for us to come to terms with this part of our move here, that we would miss out on so much with our family. We hope to experience as much as possible, and be terrific long-distance-uncle-and-auntie. Shawna is due March 10, and we plan to get out there asap when she goes into labor, and stay for as long as possible after that. I really can't wait!!! More pictures of their "It's a Boy" celebration at the gallery along with Logan.


So, you ask (well everyone else always asks), when are we having babies of our own? Easy answer: well, it's obviously terribly trendy these days, so we'll just wait 'til we can bring it back into style, you know, like skinny jeans. I'm totally just kidding. We will have babies simply as soon as we can. No word on when that will be. And for now we are drinking store-bought water.

1 comment:

- Bob - said...

First and foremost I respectfully request that you do not bring any of your Austin Water on your visit regardless how much you will miss the greeny goo intoxicates your mouth with the taste of Texas. I assure that Portsmouth and Suffolk both will be suitable for your pallet, and I have created my own eco friendly water by avoiding my overwhelming urge to change the filter on my refrigerator’s Vintage 2003 water tap. I am certain that you will return to TX with an unquenchable thirst for my Lakeside water treatment, OMally’s Irish Car Bombs, and they youthful Virginia Wines.

Secondly I admire your desire to bring back skinny jeans... I attempted to bring back Skinny Pleather pants (34 inchers) the past two Fridays as away of endevoring in my freedoms and shouting to the world… "I CAN'T TAKE..." Or at least I was going to make a statement for the world, but I ended up making the statement on my kitchen floor instead. It appears that I passed out from a lack of very necessary oxygen that was expended in the walk from the bedroom to my keys on the bar counter.

I too will be supporting your campaign by wearing the tightest of tighty white-es to ensure that I too will not find myself mingling with that trendy crowed. To quote my parents: "Just because everybody's doing it doesn't mean that you have too..." This phrase has never held more truth. But when it’s time… I’m hiring Justin Timberlake (JT) to aid in the choreography of finding and bringing what ever I lost back…

I also I regret to inform you that I most humbly decline your offer of the return of my Cheetah sweats after the unsanitary tumble they have probably taken in your Austin water. Please burn them at your earliest convenience.

Respectfully with Love from VA…
Bob

PS: watch the following Penn and Teller Bottled Water Episode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc

 
'