Friday, October 12, 2007

Recognition

My recovery was going along just fine and dandy - when all of a sudden, one of my incisions decided to open up and expose itself to the world, like a grimy old man in a trench coat. This has not happened to me before (with the incision, nor being flashed by an old man), but apparently when you slice into a previously healed scar, the skin is less likely to close back up properly. I developed a minor surface infection which began causing all kinds of slime and gore in and around the wound. So bad, that I couldn't even bear to take a picture of it like I normally would to gross you out with.

I tell you all this only so I can brag about Michael, and give him the recognition he deserves for having to clean it out with peroxide three times a day for the past four days.

Michael --- who can't even go into the vet's office with me when Bear has blood drawn (after a near pass-out experience), and turns various shades of green when I have IVs inserted at the hospital --- stoically overcame his aversion to medically questionable situations and didn't even dry-heave as he watched the ooze bubble from the antiseptic.

Michael --- who set up this very sanitary cleansing station (and brought me the flowers!).

Michael --- my hero!

1 comment:

Eric Maddox said...

I hope your recovery continues to go well. Thanks again for the great Texas hospitallity! Shelley and I are looking at houses out there...

 
'