Friday, June 22, 2007

Under dress, Over deliver

Michael and I were running a little late to our architectural meeting the other day. That morning there was a torrential downpour, causing a few roads to flood, a few traffic signals to choke, and more than a few accidents along our route. I hate being late to things like this, and even though it was just by a few minutes and entirely the fault of Mother Nature, I was feeling stressed.

As we walked up the long winding path to the front of a very impressive building I grew a little more stressed. The great thing about this area is you can typically wear just about anything just about anywhere and not feel out of place. But as we entered that grandiose lobby, shiny slate floors beneath our flip flops and floor to ceiling windows reflecting our lack of fashion sense, I did indeed feel a little out of place. I took a deep breath as we waited for the elevator and looked over at Michael. Titanium laptop case slung over his shoulder, he was carrying our homeowner portfolio full of our very well prepared and organized notes.

"I'm afraid we're a bit under-dressed," I whispered. "But at least we came prepared."

"That's kind of our thing," he answered.

"Yes," I agreed. "Under dress, over deliver."

We had a good laugh over that one, then decided that should be our motto. And so it is.

No comments:

 
'