Thursday, June 21, 2007

Been there, seen that (and also I know everything about geography)

A conversation I overheard:


"So, where did you live before Texas?"

"California."

"Ohhh, yuck, I've been to California, it wasn't nice at all."

"Really?! What part did you visit?"

"Stockton."

"Oh gosh, not all of California looks like Stockton."

"Well, I went to Bakersfield once too. It was so hot and miserable."

"But have you ever been to the foothills? Or the beach? It's so different!"

"No, but I've been to California. So no thanks, I've seen enough."


Ok, maybe I only overheard that conversation in my own head, but really people, this is how (lame) you sound when you say you've "been to" Texas, and thus somehow know what the ENTIRE state is like. You do realize it's twice the size of California, right, with 13 million less people?

PS: Stockton and Bakersfield are simply for illustration purposes, sorry guys.

No comments:

 
'