Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Results Show

By the way - I should have mentioned I have NOT turned my new system on yet. (If you're just tuning in, read the post below first).

I have everything I need, and it should be ready to go, but I'm too scared to turn it on yet. I feel pretty torn up inside from the surgery, so I'm not thrilled about cranking up any electrical currents yet. I have a long training dvd yet to watch as well so I can learn all about it.

I plan to wait until I'm off the morphine, and moving around a little better. Maybe a few more days.

I have a follow up appointment with my own personal Medtronics rep on June 5. We will spend a few hours together so she can set up multiple "programs" for me. It's so crazy, you can have multiple settings (called programs) to use based on your current activity - sitting, standing, sleeping, exercising, etc. Although the system is permanent and bolted in place, so to speak, it does move with your spine, so the stimulation effect and intensity varies based on your position.

Also important to note two things:

1) This will not eliminate pain completely for me. A good result is 50% reduction. My prayer is that it provides enough relief for me to get off of pain meds.

2) It will not be immediate by any means. It may take more than a year to have any lasting effect.

No comments:

 
'