Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm jacked in to the Matrix ... officially hardwired now ...
My surgery was yesterday, went well. Much more pain than I expected - nothing like being jolted with electricity in the very place you hurt the most. My back is aching from where they inserted the gargantuan needle to thread the electrodes through.


This is what the temporary stimulator looks like. The wires go in my lower back, right over my spine. Everything is taped down with waaaaaaay too much tape! Very itchy. I'm holding the remote control in my hand. I control the level and intensity of the stimulation with the remote. If I get the permanent one done, all the wiring will be beneath the skin, and I'll just have a little electrode poking out, I think. And a remote control. I'm the bionic woman.

No comments:

 
'